Monday, February 18, 2013

Baking Bouchon - Recipe 1: Pecan Sandies

I have officially conquered the first recipe on the Bouchon Bakery Cookbook.  Isn't she pretty? and clean?  Not for long, I imagine.


I was pretty excited about this recipe and I found it for you right here.  I do love a good Pecan Sandie - those Keebler elves do a pretty good job and I've made them before from other recipes with good success.  Honestly, I figured this would be super easy.

There are only 4 ingredients and they're cookies.  I've made thousands of cookies.  I couldn't screw up cookies.  Well, I did... or the recipe has issues.  Either way, not a big fan of these cookies.  I'm positive I did exactly what Thomas told me to do.  Cream butter, add sugar, add dries, scoop, roll into balls, press down, bake, eat remaining dough...
By the way,  I love to eat dough and batter.  Sometimes more than the baked item itself.  I'm aware that it's not good for me, but I don't care.  I currently have a bag of raw cookie dough balls in my freezer and I eat them straight out of the freezer.  Yum.

So after doing all these things right, I ended up with cookies that were really flat and too buttery (it's actually possible).  CA suggested that I put them on paper towels to soak up the butter... like bacon.
If I made the recipe again, I would not press the dough down before baking, but would leave it in a round ball so maybe it wouldn't flatten out so much.  I'd probably also refrigerate it for an hour or so before baking which would also help with the flat issue.

While my first recipe was a bit disappointing, I still have faith... mostly because I already baked the second recipe and it was pretty delish.

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment