Sunday, February 17, 2013

Hey There!

This is my very first post on my blog... hooray!  I am excited to start sharing my food adventures with everyone.  But first.....

Ground Rules / Disclosures
  1. This blog is about food.  I don't intend to share details of my personal life that do not involve food, however due to my often spastic thinking, I imagine you'll get a few random personal details here and there.
  2. My goal is to bake my way through the Bouchon Bakery cookbook.  I received the book as a Christmas gift from my sweet in-laws and (although I've never tasted his food because getting into the French Laundry is too freakin' hard), I hold Thomas Keller in high esteem.  There's some stuff in this book that scares the crap out of me, but I want to conquer the whole thing... we'll see.  
  3. I will not be copying all the recipes from the Bouchon book onto the blog.  I'm no copyright expert and don't want to learn about all that business.  If you want a specific recipe, let me know and I'll share it privately.  Any recipes I use that are already on the Internet, I'll link up.
  4. It won't be all Bouchon all the time, I plan to share other things we're cooking up (both savory and sweet).
  5. I won't talk about everything I cook and eat.  Honestly, most of what I eat is pretty healthy and boring.   So don't judge me if everything I post is terrible for you.  I promise I'm eating my veggies too.
  6. I'll talk about restaurants too since we do a lot of eating out.  We're currently trying to dine our way through the Washingtonian 100 best list.  However, don't expect a ton of restaurant food pictures because I am easily embarrassed when taking photos in restaurants.
  7. Speaking of pictures, I'm not a photographer so don't expect high quality here.
  8. I wasn't an English major and I imagine my grammar is pretty poor so, again, no judging.
  9. I'm kind of a dork, so expect dorkiness.
  10. My husband is my favorite person to cook for, but he has an aversion to being talked about on the Internet so I won't use his name here.  He has requested to be referred to as Captain America (seriously?), so I'll refer to him henceforth as CA.  Our dog is another story, his name is Sconnie and he'll be well represented.
  11. Did someone say crafts?  I do craft occasionally and might share some of that too.
  12. Parties?  Yes, please.  I love to entertain and plan to share.
  13. Cocktails?  Yep, that too.
I think a baker's dozen rules is enough for me.  
The first recipe happens tomorrow so stay tuned.

Ready, set, eat.
Julie

2 comments:

  1. Captain America? Hilarious! I am so excited about your blog! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, Captain America. He's special. Thanks for reading!

      Delete