Sunday, December 1, 2013

Oreo & M&M Blondies

There were leftover Oreo cookies in the house from the Pumpkin Oreo Cheesecakes and I cannot allow an open package of Oreos to linger in our house because CA eats them.  I couldn't care less if CA ate dozens of Oreo cookies in one sitting but when he does it he always tells me it's my fault.  He thinks he's funny.  In order to avoid this misplaced blame, I decided to use them up along with more of our leftover Halloween candy.  Pinterest came to the rescue with this recipe for Oreo and M&M Blondies.


I love blondies!  I think I prefer them to brownies.  Granted, sometimes you just need a big fudgy dose of chocolate but 75% of the time I'd rather have a blondie.  Blondies are like big gooey chocolate chip cookies and I could eat that every day.  Plus, they taste amazing warmed up with ice cream on top which is generally what I actually want when I think I want a brownie.  A la mode all the way.

They other thing I love about blondies is that you can mix just about anything into them... chips, nuts, candy, cookies... it's like the trash can of desserts... in a good way.


The blondie base comes together really easily with very minimal dirty dishes which I appreciate.  The butter is melted in the microwave and then everything else gets mixed in... eggs, brown sugar, vanilla and flour.  Then the good stuff goes in - chopped up Oreo cookies (there were none left for which CA was appreciative) and more good stuff goes on top - M&M's (there are still M&M's leftover which I have to dispose of, luckily those don't spark CA's interest so I don't get scolded for their presence).

These bake up really nicely with an aluminum foil shield to make sure they don't stick to the pan.  This isn't something I always do but it was recommended in the recipe so I figured I'd follow directions.  I do that sometimes.

 
These are decent, solid blondies but not my favorite.  I can't pinpoint exactly why, but I didn't love them.  I love blondies.  I like Oreos.  I like M&Ms.  However, these just weren't very exciting.  I was a much bigger fan of the Candy Bar Peanut Butter Cookies from yesterday.  And while I typically give away treats so that I don't eat them (which gives me a little bit of sadness because I wish it wasn't detrimental to my health for me to eat them all) I wasn't terribly sad giving each and every one of these away.

CA liked them, probably more than me but not enough to be blown away.  I feel like I need to have a blondie and Halloween candy redo.  Maybe in a few days.


The recipe can be found at Averie Cooks.

Enjoy!
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment