Sunday, March 23, 2014

Around here...

A lot has happened around these here parts and none of it has to do with me writing informative future posts about all the cooking I've been doing.

Not that I haven't been cooking - I've baked up a storm in the last few weeks and actually finished the Bouchon Bakery Cookbook.  I still can't believe I actually accomplished this goal I set for myself last year but I did.  Yeah me.  Unfortunately, with the mad rush to finish the cookbook and everything else going on my writing has suffered greatly.  So what else is going on?

We're moving and not just a regular move across town or to another state, we've moving to a whole 'nother freakin' country.  The movers came to start packing out stuff exactly one week after I stopped working.  I thought I had another week to prepare but things moved much more quickly than I expected - which is better than the alternative.  I spent 4 days sitting in my house watching other people pack my stuff and load it into trucks which is ridiculously boring.  Plus, watching other people work is completely exhausting.

In preparation for the move we had to separate everything into 2 shipments, one that will come to Korea with us and another that will stay in the States in storage.  My mom and dad came up to help us and thank God they did because we wouldn't have been able to get it done by ourselves in the short amount of time that we had.  We also had to sell a car, get our rental house cleaned, take the dog to the vet 4,000 times to get him cleared to travel, get roof rails installed on the other car so that we could fit all the crap in it that we're taking on the airplane and storing at my parents house for the next couple of years (the best part of which was parts of it flying off my car as I drove away from the dealership), drive said car 12 hours to my parents house, then drive another 4 hours each way to take the aforementioned car to the facility to be shipped to Korea (are you done forgiving me for not writing yet?)  Luckily CA did most of the driving but it was still exhausting for me (read watching other people work, above).

Now I'm sitting in a hotel room in Kansas where CA and I start a class on Monday where I learn how to be his wife.  (I'm actually hear to learn how to support him and the families of the people who will be working for him in the job he'll have in Korea but it kind of feels like I'm being sent to wife school.  I guess we'll find out on Monday how much I have to learn).

Anyway, that's about the longest excuse ever to apologize for the fact that the next couple weeks will be completely lacking in I'll Bake It, You Eat It posts.  Hopefully, when I get back to my parents house from Kansas, I can write about all the yummy stuff I made and you can read it while I'm on a 14 hour airplane flight.  I may or may not cry the entire trip because I have to put my dog in a crate under the airplane for 14 hours but that remains to be seen.

Talk to you all again soon.
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment