Thursday, April 24, 2014

Baking Bouchon - Recipe 97: Tropezienne

These French words really baffle me.  I think I'm too American to figure out where these names come from.  Lord knows what I'm going to do with Korean words.  I may just order food blindly in restaurants and hope that what shows up isn't still moving.

A Tropezienne is a disc of brioche that is filled with pastry cream.  I have no problem with that.
Brioche is kind of awesome.  It's bread with extra butter in it.  How can that be bad? 

This particular version isn't a "roll" like most brioche are - this one is flat and has pearl sugar on top of it.  This makes it look like a hamburger bun.  Forget sesame seeds, I'd rather have my hamburger buns covered in sugar.
To make this look even more like a hamburger, he roll is sliced and filled with a brown substance - the "meat"... and it's not just plain old pastry cream.

The filling is pastry cream (yum) mixed with Nutella (extra yum).  This combination is just ridiculous.


They should sell these at McDonald's.  People would die (literally, if you ate this and a Big Mac, you would bite it earlier than scheduled).  Heck, I'd trade this for a regular hamburger any day.


Luckily, the pastry cream recipe in this cookbook is not aggressively sweet so when it's mixed with the Nutella it doesn't get really sick sweet.  The brioche is awesome and light and the combination is freaking amazing.

I wish I could remember what chapter in the cookbook this recipe came from because it would win the chapter favorite hands down.  It potentially wins "best in show" for the favorite of the whole cookbook, it's that good.

Yummy, happy food day.

Enjoy!
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment