Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Peep Topiary

Yes, this really happened.  I have no use for peeps in the context of actually eating them.  Gross.  It's like a fake marshmallow and store bought marshmallows are fake enough on their own (not that I've ever turned down a s'more, a rice krispie treat or some hot chocolate with marshmallows floating on top).  Plus it's kind of crunchy and who wants a crunchy marshmallow?  Not this girl.

I actually hid them in my cart at Target because I thought people might actually think that I eat these little guys.  I'm pretty sure the cashier was judging me.

I now know two people who eat peeps.  One is my brother in law who only eats them stale (not better).  The second is a friend who told me she eats them after I posted a picture of my finished craft on Instagram.  It's quite possible I know more people who eat them but I think they're ashamed and eat them alone in dark rooms.

This craft was not my idea.  I steal almost all my craft ideas and this one came from a blog called The Hungry Mouse.  I, of course, ran across it on pinterest.  I give her full credit, I couldn't make this up.

The process is easy, you basically stick the peeps to a styrofoam ball with toothpicks.  I struggled a little bit with the chicks on the bottom - they kept falling off, at one point I even considered hot gluing them but thought better of it - however, once the peeps got stale, they stayed on much better.  Still not better.

We're having an Adult Easter Party next week (another stolen idea, from a dear friend who hosted this party where we used to live) and this will make the perfect centerpiece for our brunch table.  You'll be hearing a lot about this party in the upcoming weeks as I'll be sharing the full menu, games and overall festivities.


Question of the day....  Do you eat peeps?  You can admit it, I won't judge you, much.

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment