Sunday, March 10, 2013

Spring Subway Art

Wait a minute, I thought this was a food blog....

If you refer back to the ground rules, you will see you had fair warning that there may be some crafts on this blog too.

Today I decided that Winter is over and Spring is here.  After the #snowfail that occurred in DC earlier this week I declared Winter complete.  I hate Winter, that's a fact.  I'm a Summer girl through and through.  Give me a margarita, a pair of flip flops and some sand and you've got yourself one happy Julie.   Plus, it's March and it's 50 degrees outside and we Spring forward soon and that groundhog said so.

Therefore, I decided to put out my Spring decorations.  I don't have a ton of Spring decorations (this isn't Christmas when it looks like a snowman convention set up shop in my house) just a few things I put in my apothecary jars to brighten up the joint.  However, I do have two new things this year.  The first I just finished up a few days ago.


Look how happy she is!  I absolutely love her and it couldn't have been more simple.  I got the idea from this girl but I made it even easier by leaving my eggs their original color and just hot glued them onto a foam wreath form.  (I actually tried spray painting my eggs but they were hideous so I bought more and left them alone)

But, what I REALLY wanted to share with you today is my Spring/Easter theme subway art printable.


I'm telling you, this is the easiest decoration on the planet.  You print it and frame it and it's done.  The art prints on regular old paper or card stock and fits in an 8x10 frame and guess what?  I'm sharing it with you so you can print it too.  Aren't I sweet?

Click to download the Spring/Easter Subway Art

I've actually done a few versions of these...

THIS ONE for Christmas
THIS ONE for a Birdie themed baby shower
and THIS ONE for a Wine Night that I hosted



These are pretty fun and I'll probably do them for future holidays as well.... 4th of July, Halloween, Thanksgiving.  The possibilities are endless.  If I do more, I'll be sure to share.

Happy Spring people!
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment