Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Crack Snack

I'm a huge fan of the salty/sweet combo.  I heart chocolate covered pretzels and salted caramel.  I also periodically have a craving for bacon dipped in chocolate but I've never quite been able to justify making it.  Now is probably a good time to remind you that this is a judge free blog space.  In case you forgot.


I'm calling this little concoction Crack Snack because it is highly addictive.  As I noted in my original Easter Party post, once I made it, I had to hide it from myself to slow down stop me from eating it before our guests arrived.  I should note that I made it the day before the party so it was quite a feat of strength to not eat it for 24 hours.

Since it was an Easter Party, I called this stuff Bunny Bait, but just by switching out the M&M colors and sprinkles you could make this for every any holiday.  Think Christmas Crack, Leprechaun LSD, Valentine's Valium, you get the picture.

Feel free to mix up the ingredients if you want to.  Use different nuts or cereal.  Decrease the popcorn and increase the cereal.  Experiment with different kinds of M&M's (hello, peanut butter!!!).  I feel like I need to make more of this right now.  Excuse me, I have to go to the store.


Crack Snack

Ingredients
4 cups miniature Marshmallows
3 cups popped Popcorn
3 cups Rice Chex
2 cups Pretzels (coarsely crushed)
1 cup salted Peanuts
1 1/2 cups M&M's
12 oz. White Candy Melts (or white chocolate)
Sprinkles
 
Instructions
Have all your ingredients measured out before you begin so you can act quickly once the marshmallows and chocolate are melted.

In a medium heatproof bowl, melt the candy melts by microwaving in 30 second intervals and stirring in between until just melted.

In a large heatproof bowl, add the marshmallows and microwave for approximately 1 minute or until hot and puffy.  Add all the popcorn, chex, pretzels, peanuts, M&M's and candy melts to the marshmallow and stir to combine.

With your hands, spread the mixture out on 2 baking sheets sprayed with non-stick spray breaking up any extra large chunks.  Sprinkle the mixture all over with sprinkles.  Allow to cool to room temperature before serving.


Go and make some of this right now.  Right now!!!  Then after you make it, remove it from your house immediately because you will eat it.  All of it.

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment