Sunday, November 3, 2013

PUMPKIN WEEK!! Pumpkin Snickerdoodles

I'm so excited about what is coming up this week!  I've got a whole week of pumpkin recipes in store for you.  I'm always sad when summer comes to an end, but one thing that cheers me up is to see the end caps at grocery stores filled with canned pumpkin.


I couple of years ago I hosted Pumpkin Day for a few girlfriends.  We (I) spent the majority of the Fall obsessed with all things pumpkin and in order to get the need for pumpkin out of our (my) systems we (I) decided to have an entire potluck dedicated to the orange stuff.  It was amazing!  It didn't necessary relieve me of my pumpkin madness, but it did help me transition to my December peppermint addiction.  As Fall approached this year I knew I wanted to make some delicious pumpkin treats to share on the blog and when I "accidentally" put four cans of pumpkin puree in my grocery cart I figured I'd go ahead and give you an entire week of pumpkin treats.


I'm kicking the week off with a bang!  These pumpkin snickerdoodles are one of my favorite cookies in the whole world.  I'm not kidding.  I've had this recipe for a few years and I have to actively refrain from making them all year long... saving them for Fall makes them even more special when I finally get to eat them.

These cookies are pretty similar to a regular snickerdoodle - a chewy sugar cookie that is coated with cinnamon sugar.  However, this one adds pumpkin puree into the cookie dough.  What could be better than pumpkin and cinnamon?

It's pretty simple to make which is unfortunate because I could definitely make a batch of them every day and eat every one of them.  They're really delicious.
I've made it clear on this blog before that I prefer chewy cookies to crispy cookies - these are even better than chewy - they're fluffy like perfect little pumpkin pillows. 


The recipe for these can be found on Annie's Eats.  I follow the recipe closely except that I do not flatten the dough balls before baking.  I think leaving them round makes them even more fluffy and I like that about them.


Pumpkin goodness continues tomorrow...

Enjoy!
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment