Friday, July 12, 2013

Sorry People

I must apologize because I didn't bake anything for you today.  In fact, I haven't been baking much at all.  Instead I've been traveling.

First I did this...


I love drinking beer in airports.  It tastes better.  Also please note that you can see CA's arm in this picture.  That's the most you'll ever see of him because he refuses to be on the Internet.

Then I went here...


 That's the old Pabst brewery in Milwaukee where I did more of what you see in the first photo.

Then I went here...


Which is supposed to be the beach but is actually the monsoon that sat over Florida for four days while I was there. Somehow CA managed to get sunburned in the five minutes we made it to the beach.  I got nothing.

Instead I did this...


I drank a lot of Sangria.  It had bourbon in it which made it better.  Here's the recipe (note that you should only put half the amount of bitters in it that the recipe calls for and add some simple syrup... trust me... I made it twice... I drank it both times but liked it much better the 2nd time).

So, at least you got some delicious Sangria out of this post.  I'm no longer sorry.

Enjoy!
Julie

2 comments:

  1. This is my kind of baking! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will likely be enjoying this cocktail at an upcoming party so get ready!!

      Delete