Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Crock Pot Turkey Breast

I'm not going to tell you this is earth shattering or amazing or the best thing in the world.  I'm also not going to tell you that my crock pot saved my life and I use it every day in gratitude to it's convenience and ability to make things delicious without my help.  In fact, I probably use my crock pot four times a year... tops.  The fact that I have 3 crock pots in light of what I've just said is a mystery.


I am going to tell you this this is an easy way to cook a giant turkey breast and eat it for four days.
CA and I have both been pretty nutty at work lately so this turkey came in pretty darn handy.  On a Sunday night I put everything in the crock pot... sliced onions on the bottom of the pot, topped with the turkey breast, a bunch of sliced garlic, salt pepper and vegetable broth.  I stuck that in the fridge and on Monday morning all I had to do was plug it in and go to work. 

When I came home from work, my house smelled like Thanksgiving and we had a ton of turkey.

The first night we ate it lonely with some jus and veggies.  The next day I made turkey quesadillas out of it.  The next day CA made turkey curry.  The next day I made turkey salad.  The way this week went if we hadn't had this turkey we would have eaten cereal for dinner.  Every day.  I'm not kidding.


So, if you're looking for something to make your week a little bit easier, pop this puppy in a crock pot and eat it.  Every day.  It's guaranteed to save you from the cereal for dinner experience, at least for a few days.

You can find the recipe here - I left out the garlic powder and substituted vegetable stock for the chicken broth (just because that's what I had on hand).

Enjoy!
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment