Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Smoky Ketchup

It's hard for me to call this a recipe because it's just mixing three things together but I got a lot of complements when I served this with the Mini Corn Dog Muffins.  I made it again to serve with a batch of parsnip fries and figured I'd take a couple of photos and tell you about it.


I'm really into ketchup so I'm obviously really into kicking ketchup up a notch in the easiest possible way.

I first had this in a restaurant that always serves smoky ketchup with their french fries and once I had it I couldn't go to that restaurant without having french fries because I wanted the smoky ketchup.  I ended up asking what was in it and they told me the secret - Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce.


The smoky ketchup in the restaurant was completely smooth so they either only used the sauce from the can of peppers or they blended it all up until it was smooth.  Either way, I like to mix in both the sauce and the chopped peppers into the ketchup to give it a really spicy and smoky flavor and a little bit of texture.


While this stuff is definitely great on French Fries, I love it on a lot of foods - Parsnip Fries, Hash Browns, Burgers - pretty much anything you'd put ketchup on will be infinitely better with smoky ketchup.

Smoky Ketchup

Ingredients
1/2 cup Ketchup
4 T Sauce from Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce
2 Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce, finely chopped

Instructions
Mix all of the ingredients together.

I told you it was easy.

Enjoy!
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment