Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Baking Bouchon - Recipe 77: Pumpkin Muffins

I FINISHED A CHAPTER IN THE BOUCHON BAKERY COOKBOOK!

Scones & Muffins is in the history books.

Can you tell I'm excited?  This will be happening more regularly now that there are only a couple of recipes left in each chapter.


These are pretty standard pumpkin muffins.  They are flavored with cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg which is typical.  They use canola oil as the fat content as opposed to butter but I find that commonly in pumpkin muffins and breads.  The recipe shows that it is "optional" to add golden raisins.  No thank you. 

These baked up very nicely, they were soft and pumpkiny.  I have no complaints with the muffin itself.

I do, however, have a problem with these muffins and it's that they're called muffins.  This is cake people.  Cake.

Why?

Because it has frosting on it.  Cream cheese frosting.  Not that I have a problem with cream cheese frosting.  I love cream cheese frosting but you cannot tell me that these are muffins which are to be eaten at breakfast if they're covered in frosting.  These are cupcakes.  Not that I've never eaten cake for breakfast but I was honest with  myself and called it cake.



If we're calling these pumpkin cupcakes, they're really great.  The pumpkin flavor shines through and the cream cheese frosting is light and fluffy and not overly sweet.

Let's recap the Scones & Muffins chapter
I asked CA what his favorite scone or muffin was and then proceeded to list all his options (above).  He said, I think I liked the cranberry orange scone...  Not on the list.  He tried to pretend like he said blueberry muffins and bacon cheddar scones.

My favorite scone was the Cinnamon Honey Scone and my favorite muffin was Lemon-Poppy Seed.  All on the list.

Enjoy!
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment