Thursday, August 29, 2013

Black Bean, Corn & Feta Dip

I have a friend who used to make this dip and I became quite obsessed with it.  It's just about the easiest thing in the world to make, plus it's cheap.  I know I'm not supposed to say that, but it's true.



I suppose you could make it more complicated or expensive by shucking your own corn off the cob or buying the organic black beans, but I don't really bother.  Frozen corn and pesticide ridden black beans are fine by me. (The thing that would probably make the biggest difference here is really good feta cheese, because good cheese really does matter. - I however, bought regular grocery store cheese and I'm not ashamed).



People love this dip and so do I.  There are a lot of variations of this dip roaming around the Internet and they all have their merits, but this is my favorite combination.

You can absolutely make this ahead of time and keep it in the fridge until you're ready to serve it.  In fact, I recommend it to give the flavors some time to meld.  I like to serve this with tortilla chips - the salty chip is a great accompaniment but pita chips work great too.

Black Bean, Corn & Feta Dip
Yields a really big batch good for 30+ people

Ingredients
4 cans Black Beans, drained and rinsed
28 oz. frozen Corn, thawed (you could use canned or fresh as well)
12 oz. Feta Cheese, crumbled
1 bunch Green Onions, thinly sliced
2 T Olive Oil
4 T Red Wine Vinegar
3/4 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Pepper
1 T Sugar
Tortilla Chips for serving

Instructions
Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl until combined.  Refrigerate until ready to serve.


Enjoy!
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment