Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Layered Greek Dip

I love this dip.  This is probably my favorite cold dip and I have made it at least ten times.  Every time I make it, people ask me for the recipe.  I'm happy to share it but I wouldn't call it a recipe.  It's more like a test of your chopping stamina.  I doubled the recipe this time and I was awfully close to having a blister on my hand by the time it was ready.


 All the chopping is definitely worth it, sometimes you have to earn your food and all the compliments you'll get from your guests.

Once you get everything chopped, the rest is easy - you just layer everything into a serving dish.  I prefer to serve this in a glass bowl so you can see all the pretty layers.  It's so colorful!

I like to serve this with pita chips.  I think it goes with the whole Greek theme.  Some people disagree with me and want tortilla chips.  I'm happy to oblige, especially when all it means is that I have to open another bag of chips.


My one piece of advice is not to make this too far ahead of time - a couple of hours is OK - but any longer and the cucumbers release a bunch of water and then you've got soggy dip.  Of course if that happens, you can just tip it sideways and drain off the water.  Unfortunately, that also ruins all the pretty layers you built so don't do that.
Layered Greek Dip



Ingredients
2 16 oz. tubs Hummus
1/2 English Cucumber, finely diced
1 Red Peppers, finely diced
1/2 jar Kalamata Olives, finely diced
6 oz. Feta Cheese, crumbled
2 T finely chopped Dill 
Pita or Tortilla Chips for serving




Instructions
Spread the Hummus in the bottom of a serving dish.  Evenly sprinkle the cucumbers on top of the hummus.  Sprinkle the red peppers on top followed by the olives and the cheese.  Sprinkle the chopped dill on top.  Serve with pita or tortilla chips.

Enjoy!
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment