Friday, October 11, 2013

Peanut Butter & Jelly Muffins

I started reading blogs about three years ago.  I started out reading a handful and now that list has expanded to a few dozen.  Some I scan quickly for recipes to pin on Pinterest but there are a few that I always read from start to finish.  One of my favorites (and one of the first I started reading) is The Way the Cookie Crumbles.  I don't know what it is about the blog, but I really like it - I like reading it and I've loved most of the recipes I've found on it.  Including this one.


I've made these muffins at least five times and every time I do, I love them.  This is in spite of the fact that I don't even really like jelly so that's saying something.  I decided to make this recipe this week because I had a bunch of leftover raspberry jam that I made last week.

This time, I changed things up a little bit and used cake flour instead of regular flour and the muffins were really outstanding - the best batch I've ever made!
PB&J is such a classic combination that these really can't be anything but delicious.  What I really like about them is that they're not overly sweet.  The peanut butter gives them a savory side and jelly sweetens them up and keeps them moist.  Every time I serve these, people compliment them and ask for the recipe.  I've also made them in a mini muffin tin for bite size treats and they come out perfectly.  I highly recommend that you add these to your brunch repertoire.


You can find the recipe here at The Way the Cookie Crumbles.  I recommend trading the regular flour with cake flour if you have it.

Enjoy!
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment