Friday, October 4, 2013

Baking Bouchon - Recipe 57: Plum Tarts


This has to be the easiest tart in the cookbook.  Actually, it IS the easiest tart in the cookbook - I peeked.

3 components make up this tart...

1.  Pate Sucree (for the crust)
2.  Almond Cream
3.  Plums

Easy right?  I guess you do actually have to make the crust and the almond cream but luckily I had crust made up and waiting for me in my freezer and almond cream is super easy to make.

If you remember, pate sucree is a crust that is pretty much like a sugar cookie.  Almond cream is just a mixture of flour, almond flour, butter, powdered sugar and eggs.

I ended up making these tarts more difficult that necessary because I made them miniature.  As I've mentioned a thousand times before I want to share my treats with others and things that are miniature are easier to share.

To assemble the tarts you layer crust, followed by almond cream and then sliced plums.  Bake. Done.


These were pretty good.  They weren't particularly exciting but they were good.  They certainly disappeared quickly when I took them to work so I guess other people liked them too.

Sometimes things that are easy surprise you and taste super amazing - sometimes things that are easy and taste like they're easy.  I think the latter is where I'd stick these.


Enjoy!
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment