Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Bourbon Pecan Crackles

This blog post is going to be sad... really, quite pathetic.  I did the worst possible job of documenting the making of these cookies (you don't even get to see what they look like baked) that I debated even posting them.  However, these cookies are darn good so I want you to know about them.

Rest assured that this is the end of my terrible documentation phase.  This is also the last of the baked goods I made while we had a ton of house guests.  The two things are definitely related.


Without any helpful photographs, I'll have to rely on my writing skills to describe these cookies to you.  Have you ever had a bourbon ball?  If not, go make these and come back.  Now that you've had a bourbon ball you know what a Bourbon Pecan Crackle tastes like.

CA loves bourbon so I knew these were the perfect thing to make for a reception honoring him and neither of us was disappointed.  They're really good!  They don't have quite as strong of a bourbon flavor as the bourbon balls, but enough so that you know it's there without being scared of a kid picking one up, getting drunk and passing out.

To make these guys you melt some chocolate.  Then you grind up a bunch of pecans in the food processor, mix those with flour, baking powder and salt.  Then you cream butter and brown sugar together, add eggs, vanilla and bourbon.  Then you mix all that stuff together and chill the dough.


The chilled dough gets rolled into balls and then rolled in granulated sugar and then again in powdered sugar.  When you cook them they get all crackled looking as the chocolatey dough breaks free from the powdered sugar.  You're just going to have to picture it.  Or you could go and look at the blog where I got this recipe from.  She did a much better photography job that I did.

These cookies are pretty awesome and I know I'll make them again.  I definitely think they will be perfect around the holidays... everyone needs more bourbon around the holidays.  My mom commented that they had a creamy texture.  I agree, but can't quite figure out why that would be.  Maybe it was the bourbon talking.

Full recipe credit goes to The View From Great Island.

Enjoy!
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment