Friday, September 6, 2013

Loaded Peanut Butter Blondies

These blondies were a last minute addition when I decided I didn't have enough cookies for a reception I was hosting.  Luckily I had all the necessary ingredients in my cabinet plus I got to get rid of some random, open items as well.  You guys know how much I love using up stuff in my cabinet.

I loosely followed a recipe for peanut butter blondies but I made a lot of changes and additions so I was pleasantly surprised how well these turned out.  I was expecting a disaster but it didn't happen.  In fact, it's been a while since I've had a disaster to share with you (which can only mean that it's on the way... as in tomorrow).

I loaded these blondies up with a ton of toppings - peanuts, peanut butter pretzels and peanut butter chips.  In hindsight I may have been a little aggressive with the amount of toppings because a lot of them fell off but the amount I used meant that I could use up two things in my cupboard so added it all. (Feel free to lighten up the topping in the recipe if you want to.)


I neglected to take an "after" picture of these too... I know, it's a terrible trend and it's not over yet.

Trust me that they look good and they taste good too.  The peanuts and PB pretzels add an additional salty element on top, but feel free to put whatever you want on top... chocolate chips, regular pretzels.

Loaded Peanut Butter Blondies

Ingredients
1/4 cup Butter
1 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 cup Peanut Butter
2 Eggs
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 cup All Purpose Flour
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
1 cup Peanut Butter Pretzels, roughly chopped
1/4 cup Peanut Butter Chips
1/2 cup Peanuts, chopped

Instructions
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.  Spray a square baking pan with non-stick spray.

Add the butter, brown sugar and peanut butter to a medium saucepan.  Heat over medium heat and stir until the butter is melted and the mixture is uniform.  Remove from the heat and add the eggs and vanilla.  Stir until thoroughly combined.  Add the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and mix until combined.  Spread the mixture in the prepared pan.

Sprinkle the pretzels, chips and peanuts on top of the batter and press down into the batter.

Bake for 20-25 minutes until set.  Cool completely before cutting into squares.


Enjoy!
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment