Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Nutella Banana Bread w/ Candied Ginger

With great expectations come great disappointment.  OK, that's dramatic and totally not true, but today they did.


I love banana bread.
I love Nutella.
I love candied ginger.

Therefore, all these things mixed together should be good right?  I know this logic does not always apply - you can't just take three good things and expect that they'll be great together, but this one should.  First of all, bananas and Nutella are a total no brainer.  Second, I love candied ginger added to baked goods.  It adds a little bite and interest.
I will say that the texture of the bread was really good.  It was moist and rose really nicely.  I'm pretty sure if I had just left out the candied ginger I would have really liked it.

On the other hand, CA said it was interesting, which made me think he didn't like it either.  However, when pressed he said he really liked it and it tasted really banana-ey and gingery (which is good???).  He also likes sardines so take his opinion with a grain of salt.

I had a small issue with the loaf sticking to the pan.... oops.  It's been a while since I dropped anything or burned it or made it ugly so it was about time this happened.

However, when I flipped over the bread you couldn't even tell. 

I really need to learn just to line every pan with parchment.  Then I would never have this problem.  Except that I'm totally irritated that I have to trim parchment paper to line pans.  I assume they make parchment paper for different pan shapes but how realistic is it that I buy them in the shapes and sizes of all my pans?  I am the most irritated that the parchment paper doesn't even fit my half sheet pan - it's just a little too wide which is dumb.


Anyway, if you're like CA and enjoy things that are banana-ey and gingery you can find the recipe for this bread at Yankee Kitchen Ninja.

Enjoy!
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment