Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Lime Sugar Cookies

There are two things I love (well, there are a lot more than that but two that apply to this conversation).

1.  A chewy cookie
2.  A twist on a classic

This cookie is both and I loved it.


The basics of the cookie are very traditional sugar cookie business... flour, butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla... the usual suspects.  However, these also get an extra zing from lime juice and zest and some toasted coconut.  Plus they're rolled in sugar before they're baked so you get that sparkly, slightly crunchy outside while the inside stays nice and soft.  I couldn't be happier with these little nuggets.

I made these for a reception along with a couple of other options (peanut butter blondies which you saw here a couple of days ago and bourbon pecan crackles which you get to see tomorrow) and the feedback was good.  I think people were surprised when they picked up what looks like a regular old sugar cookie and find it has the bright flavor of lime and a little bit of toasty coconut in it.  I think these are really perfect for a summery version of sugar cookies or if you're just looking for something to mix it up a little bit.




My photography skills are definitely not at their best lately.  I really need to step it up in this category because I feel like if the pictures don't look amazeballs you all will not believe me that the food is as good as it is.  Just trust me that these look and taste great, even if I can't be bothered to buy a giant camera, stage them on a pretty plate or even take a picture of them when they're lined up on a platter at the reception.


You can get the recipe at The Slow Roasted Italian.  I followed it exactly.

Enjoy!
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment